PASTA WITH GARBANZO SAUCE
1 lb pasta, any shape2 cups cooked garbanzo beans, mash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 stalks celery, dice
1 red onion, dice
1 tsp Liquid Aminos
2 cloves garlic, mince
pinch cayenne, to taste
½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
1 cup tomato sauce (see recipe below)
While pasta cooks, sauté onion, garlic and celery in olive oil until golden. Add cooked, mashed garbanzo beans, tomato sauce, Sprinkle, Liquid Aminos and spices and simmer 10 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta, garnish with nutritional yeast flakes, parsley or basil.
TOMATO SAUCE
2 cups cooked tomatoes, with juice1 Tbsp raw honey
½ cup onions, finely chop, sauté
½ tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
½ cup green pepper, chop
shake of Bragg Kelp
1 cup tomatoes, finely chop
1 tsp Bragg Sprinkle
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 garlic cloves, crush
Place juice from 2 cups cooked tomatoes in sauce pan with sautéed onions and chopped pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until volume is reduced by half. Add all remaining ingredients. Let simmer briefly or until mixture is thick.
Serves 4–6
We rate this on 4 out of 5. The top pic is without cheese and the bottom one is with cheese. The next time I will use whole wheat pasta. The pasta I used is what I had in house and it needed to be used up. My little ones loved it.
Happy Cooking
Bright Family
When I start cooking the boys grab there step stool to watch and wait for me to give them somthing to eat.
0 comments:
Post a Comment